The Rangers and Penguins meet for Game 2 of their playoff series at 3 p.m. in Pittsburgh.
According to STATS...
- The Penguins picked up a 5-2 victory in Game 1, after scoring exactly one goal in each of their previous four home playoff games against the Rangers.
- The Penguins have gone 17-7 all-time in best-of-7 playoff series after winning Game 1, including victories in each of the last three such series.
- The Rangers, 10-27 all-time in best-of-7 playoff series after losing Game 1, have lost seven of their last nine such series, but did pick up a victory against the Capitals in seven games in the conference semis against Washington last postseason.
- The Penguins, coming off the 5-2 win in Game 1, have now scored at least four goals in 18 of their last 21 victories. Pittsburgh has also scored six shorthanded goals over their last seven victories.
- Patric Hornqvist's hat trick in Game 1 was the seventh postseason hat trick by a Penguins skater since the 2009 playoffs (two by Sidney Crosby, two by Evgeni Malkin, one by James Neal and one by Jordan Staal).
- Derek Stepan, who scored a career-high 22 goals this season, scored a pair of goals for the Rangers in Game 1, after going without a goal over his previous 11 road playoff games.