The Rangers and Red Wings meet up for the final game of the regular season on Saturday at 12:30 p.m. at Madison Square Garden.
According to STATS...
- The Red Wings are 15-3-4 in their last 22 games against the Rangers. Detroit scored a total of seven goals in their seven losses to the blueshirts during this stretch - including three times shut out since January 2014.
- Detroit can clinch its 25th straight playoff berth with a regulation or overtime win against the Rangers. They currently have the longest active playoff streak in the four major North American sports leagues. The San Antonio Spurs of the NBA are next on the active list with 19 in a row (including this season).
- Henrik Zetterberg is one goal shy of passing Brendan Shanahan for eighth in Red Wings history in goals, a feat accomplished by Pavel Datsyuk in February. Zetterberg has scored 309 goals in his 13 seasons with Detroit.
- The Red Wings are on the verge of clinching a playoff spot despite having a minus-12 goal differential on the season. Last season, no NHL team reached the postseason with a negative goal differential. Coincidentally, Detroit was the last team to accomplish this back in 2013-14 (minus-four).
- For the eighth time in his 11 seasons with the Rangers, Henrik Lundqvist was voted by the media as the Rangers' Most Valuable Player, extending his franchise-record for the amount of times he's won the award. The award has been given annually since the conclusion of the 1941-42 season.
- Keith Yandle is the first Rangers defenseman to tally at least 40 assists in one season since Brian Leetch posted 45 in 2001-02. He is one of three NHL defensemen who have recorded at least 40 assists in each of the last three seasons (along with Erik Karlsson and P.K. Subban).