The Rangers take on the Hurricanes on the road Friday at 7 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Rangers defeated the Canucks, 3-2, in overtime at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday night, improving to 10-4-5 in one-goal affairs this season. New York has scored at least three goals 27 times in 2015-16 -- tied for most of any Eastern Conference club.
- Carolina beat Toronto, 1-0, in overtime at Air Canada Centre last night, garnering at least one point for the sixth time in the last seven games (5-1-1 record). The Canes are 4-0-2 (.833) at PNC Arena since Christmas -- the fourth-best home mark in the league in the last four weeks.
- The Blueshirts have taken both meetings with the Canes this season, each of which was played in New York. Dating to April 8, 2014, the Rangers have won eight straight games vs. Carolina overall by a combined score of 21-10.
- Mats Zuccarello lit the lamp Tuesday night, garnering first-star accolades, and ending his season-long goalless streak at seven games. Zuccarello has one goal and 12 helpers during his current 11-game point streak vs. Carolina -- the longest active point streak of any NHL skater against the Canes.
- Jordan Staal scored the game-winner for Carolina last night, giving him eight points (4g, 4a) in his last eight skates overall. Staal has two goals and two helpers during his current three-game home point streak vs. the Rangers.
- Carolina is 7-2-2 (.727) in the second of back-to-back tilts this season -- third best of any team in the league. The Canes' seven wins in the second of back-to-backs are most of any NHL club this year.