The New York Rangers face the San Jose Sharks on the road Tuesday at 10:30 p.m. ET at SAP Center at San Jose.
According to STATS:
- The Rangers fell for the fifth time in their last seven games following Sunday's 6-3 loss at the Ducks. It was the sixth time this season New York has allowed six goals or more, its most such games since 2009-10 (six).
- After a 6-1 loss at the Stars on Friday, the Sharks were crushed by the Predators, 7-2, on Saturday. It marks the first time San Jose has lost back-to-back games by at least five goals since November 8-10, 1995.
- New York is 4-1-0 against San Jose since the 2014-15 season. The Rangers have outscored the Sharks by 10 goals (19-9) despite giving up 25 more shots (169-144) in those last five meetings.
- Brent Burns had an assist to go along with seven shots in the loss to Nashville on Saturday. Burns leads the NHL this season with seven shots or more in nine games.
- Rick Nash extended his goal streak to four games with a first-period tally in Sunday's loss at Anaheim. The four-game goal streak is the longest for Nash since another four-game run from November 21-27, 2015.
- Joe Pavelski has six points (2g, 4a) in his last two games against the Rangers. Pavelski has points in five of his 11 career skates versus New York, with multiple points in four of those games.