The New York Rangers host the Columbus Blue Jackets at Madison Square Garden on Monday at 7 p.m.
According to STATS:
- The Rangers are looking for their sixth straight win over the Blue Jackets. They also hold a 10-3-1 record over Columbus dating back to the 2008-09 season.
- The Blue Jackets are on a 9-2-3 run in its last 14 games following Saturday's 4-3 shootout victory over Florida. Columbus was out shot 13-1 and trailed 1-0 after the first period before recovering to get the win.
- The Rangers are tied for second in the NHL in wins (13) and points (27) since January 16 (13-5-1). The Blueshirts have not lost two consecutive games (regulation and overtime losses included) since dropping three straight from December 17 -20, 2015.
- Keith Yandle is the first Rangers defenseman to register at least 30 assists and 20 even strength assists in one season since Brian Leetch in 2000-01. He has a point in seven of his last nine games.
- Columbus holds a 7-2-3 record in the month of February. Their 17 points are tied for the most in the month in team history, trailing only the 17 points earned in 2011 (8-3-1). This point total is also tied for the fifth most in the NHL for the month.
- Scott Hartnell scored his 20th goal of the season in the Blue Jackets' win over Florida on Saturday. He now has nine seasons with 20 or more goals since 2005-06 - only Alex Ovechkin (11), Rick Nash (10) and Thomas Vanek (10) have more during this stretch.