The New York Rangers host the Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday at Madison Square Garden at 7 p.m.
According to STATS:
- This is the third and final game between these teams this season. The Rangers have won the first two meetings and are looking for their third season sweep of the Lightning all-time (the first two were 2012-13 and 2008-09).
- New York finished its four-game road trip with a 4-1 win at Detroit Sunday. The Rangers have posted a 9-2-0 (.818) record in the second game of back-to-backs this season, which is tops in the NHL.
- Ryan McDonagh tallied two goals Sunday, just his second career multi-goal game (the other was February 16, 2015 when he scored two against the Islanders). McDonagh had just three goals on the season before Sunday's game.
- Tampa Bay rallied from a two-goal deficit at home Saturday to beat Florida, 3-2. It was the Lightning's fifth comeback win after trailing by two or more goals this season, which is tied for fourth most in the NHL.
- The Lightning are 5-1-1 (.786) since their first game after trading Ben Bishop (February 27). That is the fourth-best record in the NHL during that span and their 2.0 goals against per game is tied for sixth lowest.
- Ondrej Palat was responsible for the game-winning goal in the third period against Florida. It was Palat's second game-winning goal this season and his seventh career game-winning goal in the third period or overtime.