The New York Rangers host the Florida Panthers at Madison Square Garden on Monday at 7 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- The Panthers dropped a 5-3 decision to the Wings at BB&T Center on Saturday night, snapping their two-game winning streak with the setback. Florida has allowed five or more goals five times in its last 18 games -- tied with the Rangers and Devils for most of any Eastern Conference club since February 12.
- New York lost, 4-1, in San Jose on Saturday, and has now dropped four of its last five tilts overall (1-2-2 record). The Blueshirts are 1-15-4 when allowing four or more markers in 2015-16.
- These clubs have split two games this season, both of which were played in Florida. The Rangers have won four straight, and seven of their last eight home tilts vs. the Panthers (dating to March 22, 2011).
- Vincent Trocheck lit the lamp Saturday night, giving him nine points (3g, 6a) in his last seven skates, and 22 markers on the season overall. Including Trocheck, the Panthers are the only team in the league with four skaters who have at least 22 goals in 2015-16.
- Dan Boyle scored New York's lone marker Saturday, lighting the lamp in back-to-back games for the second time of the season (also Dec. 18-20). The Rangers are just 1-5-2 when Boyle has a goal in 2015-16.
- Florida has outscored its opponents, 59-44, in the first period this season -- best of any team from the East, and second best in the NHL overall. New York has a +14 goal differential in the opening period in 2015-16 (third best in the league).