The New York Rangers face the Buffalo Sabres at Madison Square Garden on Saturday at 7 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- The Rangers have won each of their last nine games versus the Sabres, their longest win streak versus Buffalo all-time and their longest active win streak versus any single opponent. New York has outscored Buffalo, 36-13, over the nine-game streak.
- The Sabres beat the Maple Leafs, 4-1, on Thursday. The win was Buffalo's seventh in March, the Sabres' most in a month since totaling 10 in March of 2012.
- The Rangers lost at Carolina, 4-3, on Thursday, New York's ninth loss this season when leading in the third period (tied for third most in the NHL, entering the weekend) and its third such loss since March 12 (tied with Carolina for the most in the NHL entering the weekend).
- Johan Larsson recorded his first career multi-goal game with two goals on Thursday, his second consecutive game with at least two points (totaling two goals and two assists over the two games). Prior to his current streak, Larsson had never recorded consecutive multi-point games.
- Cal O'Reilly had two goals on Thursday, his first career multi-goal game. O'Reilly recorded all three of his goals on the season in March, his second-most goals in any calendar month over his career (had four in November of 2010).
- Mats Zuccarello scored a goal on Thursday, his third in his last five games played (also added two assists over that span). Zuccarello has totaled 58 points this season, one shy of his single-season career high (set in 2013-14).