The Rangers host the Buffalo Sabres at Madison Square Garden on Monday at 7:30 p.m.
According to STATS...
- Buffalo lost, 3-0, at home to Detroit on Friday night, dropping its second straight tilt by a combined score of 5-1. The Sabres have been blanked four times in 2015-16 (tied for third most in the Eastern Conference).
- New York was shut out, 3-0, in Ottawa last night, snapping a two-game win streak, and also getting blanked for the fourth time of the season. The Blueshirts have earned at least one point in five straight games at Madison Square Garden (4-0-1 record).
- Tonight marks the first of three meetings between Buffalo and New York in 2015-16. Dating to April 19, 2013, the Rangers have beaten the Sabres seven straight times, outscoring Buffalo by a combined 26-8 in those contests.
- Including one goal and four helpers during his current five-game road point streak, Ryan O'Reilly has at least one point in 12 of his last 13 road skates (6g, 10a in those contests). O'Reilly has four assists in eight games vs. the Rangers overall, with three of those coming in his four career games at MSG.
- Henrik Lundqvist is 14-3-2 (.789) at home in 2015-16 -- the second best home record of any NHL netminder (minimum 10 GS). Lundqvist is 4-0-0 with a 0.98 GAA, .963 save percentage and one shutout in his last four starts against the Sabres at Madison Square Garden.
- Buffalo is just 5-8-1 (.393) when getting 2+ days off between games this year -- second worst in the NHL. The Rangers are 5-4-1 (.550) in the second of back-to-back tilts in 2015-16 (tied for 14th in the league).