Alain Vigneault met with the media on Monday after Rangers practice and said (NYR):
- On Jesper Fast, "He has a bad groin and probably won't be available for the rest of the year. I know he will try real hard to come back but I would not count on it. Zucc is getting an MRI done, he blocked a couple of shots in the last few games and is having a tough time walking right now. I'm not counting on both of those guys tomorrow or Quickie for the rest."
- On Brady Skjei, "he is getting more ice time but with any young player, second year and trying to establish himself in the league, trying to build his identity, there is no doubt that we believe a tremendous amount of skill set, real strong skater but is working on his overall game and these extra minutes time will be good for his development. Like any young player it's about becoming a pro and what it takes to bring that consistency night in and night out and that is what Brady and a lot of our younger players are working on now."
- On Marc Staal, "I love his attitude and the work ethic he has brought. He has been a real strong example for them. He is playing some of his best hockey of the year and has been really committed to making sure that guys are ready and guys are going out and competing and that is what you expect from a guy of his caliber that has been through the battles and wars he has been through and a big help to the whole group."
- On closing out Saturday's game, "it was unfortunate in Washington but it's a process and you learn from it. We went out against Carolina and was able to get it done. We had a shorthanded stint for more than a minute, some guys came up with blocked shots and it was big for us to get the two points."
- On Neal Pionk, "he has made some good progress, he has a good skill set, also adds some real good hockey smarts, some hockey sense with an without the puck. On top of that he competes real hard in his battles and every game that he has been able to get are helping him in his development but it is just a small segment but in that segment he has made a positive impact."
- He's doing well in his audition, "yes he is, extremely well."