Alain Vigneault met with the media on Sunday afternoon after Rangers practice and said (NYR):
- On Boo, "he is fine, got up this morning and talked to Rammer. Was probably just some food poisoning or something. He's good to go for tomorrow."
- On the resolve of this team, "there is no doubt that it's been a real positive as far as our mindset that we don't stop and keep plugging away. We have had other areas we are trying to improve, our starts are one of them and I do believe we have been getting better there. Whatever has happened in any game, we haven't stopped, we have kept playing, made games out of it and I believe we are on the right track."
- On keeping things in perspective, "it's game by game, day by day. There is a lot of room for improvement with our group but there is a better mindset and focus on our structure that we are trying to incorporate into all three zones and that is leading to more quality possession time. We gotta continue. Today, I probably did a Slats thing, Glen has been after me for five years to come off the plane and put them on the ice. He thinks it's a good thing, it's what he did back then. A couple of reasons, he's been asking me for five years and today I thought it was the right day to do it because of the marathon back in New York, guys would be coming into traffic so we postponed things a bit. We will continue with our same morning and not bring the guys in and do our meetings at night. It was the right timing. 75% of the guys loved it. The other 25% didn't say anything but the 75% thought it was a great idea. We got on the ice for a quick 25 minutes, a little sweat and it's all good. It's over so drive home and we will be there in good time."
- On JT Miller, "I've really his game. What I liked the most about his game was the plays that he made with the puck, the high percentage plays and decisions and defensively he was working real hard to get back into position to help out. These could have been two of the stronger games he has played this year. We need him to be a force, he has tons of potential and is a veteran player and we need him to play like a true veteran and true leader on this team."