Alain Vigneault met with the media following practice on Friday and said (NYR):
- On Cody McLeod, "he is definitely not playing tomorrow. The abdominal strain hasn't gotten better so he is basically done."
- On it being the last practice and the last game of the season, "gotta get ready for our game. At the end of the day we have talked about doing our jobs right till the end, since we have been eliminated, and that is what we are trying to do. We had a short practice but the execution and intensity was good and we will go to Philly and try to win a game."
- On the game still meaning something to the Flyers, "they are going to be ready. This is a big game for them, this is their whole season. If they get a point they are in. We will have to prepared, there is no doubt."
- On Vesey, "he has had some good games and some other ones where he probably hasn't been as successful. Jimmy has to find his identity, what is he, is a power forward, a skilled player? I know what I would like him to be, a power forward that goes to the front of the net, if you look at 80% of the goals score, it's a couple of feet from the net on second opportunities and tap ins and I think he has that capability and being hard to play against. Like any young player, that is part of going through the process and understanding what it is to be a pro. He is in that phase, some guys figure it out and some others it takes a little longer."
- On what he learned about himself this year, "ask me that same question tomorrow after the game and I will have a real good answer for you."
- On Chytil and Andersson, "there is no doubt that this is good for them. It gives them a feel for the NHL pace, a real good idea of what it takes and what they will need to work on to play at this level. Two different types of players. Filip is a very fluid skater, can take away with his speed. With Lias you can see the determination and the puck battles, they both have some very good qualities and it was a first taste for them. With coaching help, with themselves pushing themselves with the right attitude and work ethic, in my mind they are going to learn from these games. You can see Filip's progression from the beginning of the year to now. This should help them in what they need to do this summer and coming into camp next year."
- On Chytil and Andersson, "Chytil has had more of a pro experience, came here, started here, went to Hartford right away. Different players and both bring different things to the table but both qualities, like I said, this short little window where they got a chance to play should be something positive for them."
- On changes up front, "I'm looking at a couple of things here, gonna talk to my coaches on the train ride down and see what we come up with."
- Will you try to get Andersson different linemates, "it's something we are looking at for sure."