Alain Vigneault met with the media on Tuesday and said (NYR):
- On playing Chicago, "I would say that two good teams that play a similar brand of hockey, both have offensive skill, both want to play fast. It's been real good hockey. Even though they are in the other conference and we only see them a couple of times a year, I watched their last game against the Devils and they spent most of the game in Jersey's end. It was a game where Chicago played real well and Jersey made the most of their chances. That time right now, if you look at them statistically, they are outside looking in but they are playing some real good hockey, should be a good game for us."
- On Zibanejad, "I like the way he has handled it. He has come in and worked extremely hard, he has put in some extra time. You can just tell that he wants to be on the ice, he wants to be on the ice in the last minute when we have a lead, when we are trailing. You can really sense that he wants to be the best that he can be, he's putting in a lot of time on the ice. He's very good at communicating with the players he is playing with, where he is and where he thinks he can help those players out. He's coming in stride. On the PP he has been more effective than he has been in the past, using his shot more, making some high level plays that are giving us some real good scoring chances. He is definitely on the right track and as long as he ha the attitude that he wants to continue to push himself and be the best that he can be he will continue to improve."
- On how the team handled the start, "we had a business like approach to our job, we knew we had some areas that we needed to clean up and get better at. We focused on those areas, guys were very attentive. They wanted direction and to know where they could improve their games individually and collectively. We stuck with the process and working hard and having the right mindset, sooner or later things turn around and that is what happened."
- On Henrik playing a lot, "that is the one thing that we mentioned prior to the season, we didn't want to fix on a number of games, I wanted to go with the schedule and how it looked and we have had four days between this one, last week we had three days off. This is a schedule right now that is permitting him to play. Obviously it's not easy for Pavs, he has to do a lot more work with Benny, which he is doing, and at some point he will get his games also but right now the schedule says Hank. It's been good and permitted him to find his game and play better and when Hank plays better, we play better."
- "right now, I am looking at the schedule and he is very fresh now. When the schedule changes we will deal with it and make the best decision for the team."