Alain Vigneault met with the media following the Rangers loss to St. Louis and said (MSG):
- On getting better starts, "the start tonight is a turnover right off the hop and the puck ends up in the back of our net. No doubt that in the first two periods we didn't generate a lot, yes they were good defensively but in the third we brought more energy and will power and spent a lot more time in their end and we finally got some pretty good looks but weren't able to score."
- On the level of concern right now, "there is definitely a lot of room for improvement and I think every player and coach would tell you the same thing. Gotta take it one day at a time and keep improving our game. The areas of improvement are pretty simple and that is what we will get back to work on tomorrow."
- "Mike's line is generating quite a few chances, in the third anyway and on the initial PP, after that it was ordinary. The other two lines right now, I'm looking for a little bit more chemistry to create more and we will work on that tomorrow."
- On the special teams, "they got a goal in the first period that they got a bounce and shot it from a bad angle and was able to find the back of the net. We killed the 5 on 3, Grabs had a breakaway. Our PP scored initially but didn't score after that."
- On the defense pairs, "this game is always based on performance and who is playing well and right now we are trying to get our whole team to elevate their game. Obviously our record isn't good enough right now. We will focus on the next game."
- On Cracknell, "I didn't play him much. I think in the first two periods it was 7 minutes and in the third very quickly I went to three lines and we were pressing and trying to come back."