Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the loss to the Predators and said:
- Updates on Vesey and Staal, "they both took shots to the head. They were held off and we will know more tomorrow."
- On the hits, "my opinion is that it's very hard to figure certain things out from game to game. I'm just gonna leave it at that otherwise I will get myself in trouble."
- On the shifts after goals, "PP clicked, got us both times a goal away and made one soft play on one of their goals. Every time they had a look they were able to get a real good look and scored. Tried battling back but we weren't able to do it."
- On the level of concern, "we've had, in my estimation - this is my opinion, we've played some pretty good hockey but not gotten the results that I believe some of that hockey should have gotten us. At the end of the day the results are what they are, right now we need to regroup. We will work on getting better tomorrow and get ready for our next game."
- Did you wonder if they used the scoreboard to decide on the Holland challenge, "All I know is that it took a long time, at the end of the day after looking at the replay, it was probably the right call."