Alain Vigneault spoke with the media on MSG following the Rangers loss to Florida and said:
- What changed after the first 10, "there is no doubt that our group came ready to play tonight and we had a good start, had the first 5 scoring chances. The last 10 minutes of the first and in the second period we just didn't sustain it, we stopped moving our feet the way we can, stopped moving the puck the way we can and they were the better team during that time. In the third period I thought we played extremely well and had some good looks, they made a great play that gave them the lead and we were able to fight back and tie it up."
- On the games left at MSG, "again, I said it this morning and I will say it again, it's 200x85. Whether you are here or in Philly or anywhere else it's the same ice surface. For 30 minutes we were able to play a real strong game, we gotta put 60 minutes together and there is no overthinking about it, it's as simple as that."
- On Zuccarello, "even when he wasn't scoring goals I thought he was working extremely hard and playing well. This is a 200ft game, there are two nets and you gotta play well at both ends and Mats had been doing that even though he hadn't been scoring for us."
- On the reffing, "you gotta fight through it and play through it and there is a lot of stuff going on on the ice. There is no doubt that a player like Rick, like Nasher and with his presence and what he has done, he should be, I don't want to say he should get the benefit of the doubt but he took a punch right to the face. You'd expect a player with that stature to get the benefit of the doubt."
- On the goalie tomorrow, "I have but I haven't told them yet, I want to tell them first."