Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the Rangers loss to New Jersey and said:
- What changed in the second, "turnovers. We turned the puck over and couldn't play as fast as we did in the first period and they capitalized on a couple of their looks."
- How do you prevent the turnovers, "it's better decision making. We obviously came out real strong and made the right decisions with the puck which permitted us to play a fast game. We weren't able to capitalize on some of our looks but you gotta keep playing the right way and if you do you will be rewarded. In the second period we had too many costly turnovers. We started off the third with a couple of unwarranted penalties on our part. Tried to battle back and came up short."
- On 11 forwards and 7 D, "we played back to back, I just felt that tonight that gave us the best chance to win."
- On the injuries, "no, at the end of the day everybody that I thought was questionable ended up playing."
- On Jesper Fast, "he looked alright for having no exhibition games, didn't have a lot of practice on a regular line. Skated well and competed real hard like he always does."
- On the mindset, "what we have to do is get to work Monday. Tomorrow is a scheduled day off. We will get to work on Monday, focus on the areas that we need to improve and that is what we can control right now. We showed, probably for 35 minutes, that we can play a real strong, quick checking game and fast with the puck. We need to capitalize a bit more on our opportunities and we will continue to work come Monday."