Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the Rangers loss to the Isles and said:
- "the way we came out, we played a strong game. We had some real good looks, defensively we didn't give up much. We got a little unlucky in the third period as far as bounces on our PK. The only way to get the right bounces is to continue to work smart and hard. That is what this group is gonna do. We came out and played a good game, it was a hard fought battle and we just got on the wrong side of a couple of bounces in the third."
- On missing chances offensively, "give their goalie credit, he made some big saves and give them credit also. They are battling hard and they came up with a solid effort also."
- On Rick Nash, "he's been one of our best two-way players for the last little while. Not only is he making skilled plays but he is going to the tough areas and being a real power forward like we need him to be. He played a real good game tonight."
- On the PK being a concern, "it's something that we need to get better. A few weeks ago we were talking about the PP and that we were gonna keep working at it and sooner or later it would turn the corner and it has. I believe in the exact same thing for our PK. We have the personnel to get the job done and we will."
- On Glass and Kampfer coming in to keep guys fresh, "a little bit of that, a little bit of the opponent also. I just thought that making those two changes would help us out and for the most part our group as a whole played a strong game."