Alain Vigneault met with the media after the Rangers win over Columbus and said (MSG):
- On the third, "for the first 35 minutes we weren't really sharp and on our toes but our veteran guys and leaders took charge. It was obviously some good voices in the dressing room, that good internal peer pressure that made them go out there and play the way they did in the third. We had a lot of jump in the third, our execution was a lot better and we were able to come back and get two points."
- On Clendening, "there is no doubt that I am happy for him but more happy for the team. We got an outstanding performance from Grabs who used his speed offensively and defensively. We played one real solid period that enabled us to win the game."
- On going back to McDonagh and Girardi, "....did you watch the first period (laugh). Sometimes when your execution is the way it was in the first you need to mix up things. That happened in the third, we went down to three lines, mixed a second and third line, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and tonight it worked."
- On Vesey not getting a lot of ice time in the first two periods, "first period, though, three penalties in a row, he won't get a lot of ice time but I thought he played well in the third with Hayes and JT."
- On the special things the Rangers can do, "we believe that we have a good team that has to continue to progress and we have to have good starts and we will definitely address that."