Alain Vigneault met with the media following the Rangers win over Carolina and said (MSG):
- What did you like, "we came ready to play. Probably other than their PP really clicking in the first period, we made some adjustments after that, I don't think we gave them 3 or 4 chances 5 on 5 in the whole game. Without naming anybody in particular this was a real solid team effort offensively and defensively and it was a big two points for us."
- On Mika's goal, "I didn't see it because I was yelling at Shatty because of that turnover before (laugh) I saw the replay. It's a bad goal and we will take that bounce."
- On Kreider, "he played real effective, hard on the puck, went to the net hard. That goal we scored early in the third with him driving the net and that pass by Zuccy. He definitely played a real strong game and that was real good for us."
- On doing it without McDonagh, "that is part of the schedule and how teams are. We needed guys to step up on D, this was probably Smitty's best game of the year tonight offensively and defensively. It's what we talked about and it's what the guys did."
- On changes after the first, "most of their opportunities, I know they had quite a few shots, but most were on the PP and we talked about a couple of simple things we had to do and we were much better after that."
- "that is all part of it, we had a great scoring chance on our first goal, a break on the the second, our goalie makes some big saves, they didn't have much until then, our goalie made some big saves and after that we did a real good job in front of them. That is part of the team game that we needed and that we got."