Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the Rangers win over Columbus:
- On the win, "it wasn't a lot of room in the game as far as space and time and lanes to get shots through. We did what we had to do, we found a way to win and a few of our guys maybe not have their top game but that is usually a sign of a good team. When you can win a game and not really be at your best execution wise, it's not a bad sign."
- On Jimmy Vesey, "it was a great shot and a great play. I thought that in the third we were able to get some good looks and Grade A chances where a lot of their opportunities came more from the side. From that standpoint we played a pretty solid third period."
- On Vesey's goal, "it was a great move, that is one of the top goalies in the league this year. He's been playing real well and he was able to make a great move to beat him on that goal."
- On Girardi's goal, "we got a bounce, just like they got a bounce on the tying goal. Dan's goal went off two of their sticks, their goal went off two of our legs to tie it up. Those are the bounces you get in the game sometimes, for us it was a big two points in a real tough environment."
- On the line switches, "I thought that early on Jimmy was skating well, skating better than Buch, so I made the switch early and it worked for us. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't and it worked out for us tonight."
- "Give credit to the PKers, both teams PKers were good tonight. There is no doubt that our PP will have to work on it and get better, it's a weapon that we need and we will work at it."