Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG after the win over Florida and said:
- "it certainly wasn't what, I think, both teams expected after the first period. There wasn't a lot of room on the ice and both teams were playing real solid defensively. It opened up a little bit in the second period, at the end of the night we come out of here with a win, a win that I feel we deserved and we got it done."
- "what is important is to get the "W" and play the right way. Our structure, even though we gave up four goals, we didn't give up a lot of chances. We got some good chances in the second period where we got some real good looks on their goaltender. Got the lead twice in the third, had to bring it to OT and got it done by all three guys on the ice."
- On the defense scoring, "sometimes games unfold like that. Shatty, in the OT, got a opportunity to jump up and took a great shot at the end of the second period to tie it up. We are like a lot of teams, most teams that have success, you need your D, whether it be on the forecheck or jumping up in the rush and our D did a good job tonight."
- On Shattenkirk's game, "it's rounding out, most of our team, even though we gave up 4 goals, I thought it was a real solid defensive effort. It was a big road win. Kevin is starting to feel real comfortable and we need him to play real well."
- Does it feel like the team you expected now, "it's a process and it's day by day and you gotta improve. I've mentioned this 1000 times, individually and if you improve individually you improve as a team and that is what we are striving for and that is what we are working on."
- On the faceoff violation penalty, "he said that Kreids didn't let the puck touch the ice. I didn't really see the play but that is how it was explained to me."