Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the Rangers win over Minnesota and said:
- On the game, "there is no doubt that we played a good game in a real tough building. We got in late last night and I thought that it was a real gutsy performance by our group here. They started real hard and we were able to get by that first hard wave but after that we played solid both offensively and defensively and we had some good looks and when we had breakdowns Antti made some good saves."
- On battle level, "to come into play this team, you just look at their lineup and to get two points you need a solid effort from the whole group. We got that tonight, our kids line was real good and got us that big goal in the second period and we did what we had to do to get the two points."
- On the line switch, "it happened early on, we took those penalties and I wanted to get Nasher and Step back together on one of the units and by doing that, we killed the second penalty and we had a faceoff in their end, Step was a little tired and I put Mika out there and they scored. I just figured that I would go with that. (Laugh) Wasn't a lot of thinking on that one."
- On the goals from unexpected sources, "there is no doubt that coming in, it was 3 hours our time when we got in, you gotta play four lines and 6 D and we got contribution from the fourth line, our kids came out and played a real good game. Grinded it out and got a greasy road win."
- On the Skjei goal, "it was a good faceoff play, there is no doubt that they were coming after us with a lot of speed. Held the fort there for a little while and found our legs and got the two points."