Alain Vigneault spoke with the media following the Rangers win over Philly (NYR):
- "this group knows how to prepare and knows how to compete and there is no doubt that they knew that last night was a way below our expectations individually and collectively and they came tonight and prepare and competed and played a real strong game."
- On Hayes and Grabner, "they had one of their better games, I felt they were real strong at both ends. I thought that Hank, in the first period at 5 on 5 we were the better team and they had that PP where they had some real good looks and Hank made some big saves and we were able to give him a couple of goals and make things easier."
- Was it an easy decision to go back to Hank, "he is our best player and last night, not one of those goals he was responsible for, so it was an easy call and he responded real well."
- On faceoffs, "there are a lot of 50/50 pucks that are right there and with a little quicker jump might be able to get to but that is an area of our game that we know has to improve and I am hoping that when Mika comes back he will be able to help us, he had a real good percentage when he was healthy."
- On 7-0-0 in second of back to backs, "I think it's about preparation and competing and our guys understand that is how they can go on the ice and execute and how they need to do and play and tonight, in a very tough building against a very strong team we are able to get it done."
- On Columbus, "we will watch the game tomorrow night and wait and see. It should be a good hockey game."