Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the Rangers win over the Oilers and said (MSG, ESPN Radio):
- On the PP scoring, "when your PP is confident and executing it keeps the opposition honest as far as the degree of things they can do on the ice. After a good start, their PP had some good looks on their first and took the momentum away. We didn't start real well in the second period but then we had a couple of good 5 on 5 shifts and two PP goals and in the third we played our best period of the night. When the game was on the line we were solid, I don't think we gave them a scoring chance in the third period, we did what we had to do to win the game."
- On the starts, "obviously the score has changed but as far as our mindset and game plan going into games, the things we want to do stay the same. We are executing better and with that execution it doens't lead to costly mistakes and we have been able to build off that the last few games and play, for the most part, some pretty good hockey."
- Do you feel the team is back, "we have been playing some pretty good hockey for quite some time, our record in the last 10 games is very good, probably one of the best in the NHL right now. We are working on our game, putting a complete game on the ice. There is no doubt that this group is very resilient, very hard working and we are trying to get better."
- On the two PP goals, "PP goal, I would say to you, get it any way you want. They are throwing pucks at the net, 2-3 deflections and crash. You gotta get PP goals the way they come, it's not an easy league to score on the PP, and we were able to connect on those and it goes to the degree of our execution right now which is good and has to continue."
- On Vesey, "got a couple of teeth right now in his lip, they are in his lip. They are going to find a way to take them out. Hockey will be hockey, eh?