Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG after the Rangers win over LA and said:
- On Matt Puempel, "I felt that the first few shifts there with his line, Oscar and Pirrs, that he was getting in on the forecheck and had a good stick and had his legs and just decided to make a little change there and it paid off on that opportunity."
- On Henrik's game, "there is no doubt that Hank is playing a lot better. His reads on the ice and the guys in front of him are playing hard and trying to block shots and get into lanes and especially taking care the front of the net. We knew coming in that this was a high volume team with shots and they throw pucks at the net and he had to do a good job of controlling rebounds and we had to do a good job, when there was a rebound, to clear it, and for the most part we did alright there."
- On Zuccarello, "he's been playing outstanding at both ends of the rink. One of our best two-way forwards, the scoring is maybe a final product but he has set up a lot of guys for goals and he has played real hard at both ends of the rink, getting pucks out of our end and blocking shots when he has to. He has been a real competitor, him and Step tonight had a real solid line, that whole line with Kreids has been very good, tonight for a little while I made that switch and Kreids was fine with Oscar."
- On big saves from Henrik, "Carter, end of the first period. Timely save. Give me a timely save any time of the game. You didn't ask a question but I gave an answer (laugh)."
- Are you too dependent on Henrik, "timely saves are part of the game, you don't think Washington is getting timely saves from Holtby. Look across the line at the teams winning more than one game and the one common denominator is goaltending and the one common denominator in goaltending is the timely save. Look at our game in Toronto, Hank makes a big save, we go the other way and JT puts it in the net. Timely saves are a big part of this and momentum and confidence and no doubt we got it tonight."
- On Brandon Pirri, "he has played alright. He works hard and I am very happy with his game."
- On Clendening, "what I am seeing now is what I thought he was. He is a defenseman that can go back for pucks and a lot of times make a good outlet, short little pass. He is a real hard worker and gives us everything he has on every shift he is on the ice and as a coach that is what you want from your players."
- On Kevin Klein, "Kleiner is one of our guys who has to play with bite and grit and I thought he has been doing that with more consistency and that is why I think his game has picked up."