Alain Vigneault spoke with the media prior to tonight's game against Columbus and said (NYR):
- Why Raanta, "he's played real well for us and it's time to get him back in. He's had some real good practices, I wanted to make sure that he had quality practice time, which he has, and I am sure he will give us a good game tonight."
- On switching the lines up, "it has more to do with the opposition tonight and their line combos. Step with Kreids and Mats had been playing real well and then I decided to make some changes there. It has more to do with the opposition than anything else."
- Do you want more time for Buchnevich 5 on 5, "I think he has played well. He missed a lot of hockey, he has played fairly well since he came back. He's one of the young players that we feel has a tremendous amount of upside. Tonight we will start that way and we will see who it turns out."
- Is Buchnevich on the right, "no he will play the left."
- On Girardi, "he has practiced, he has been on the ice the last four days. He skated again this morning, confident that everything is fine there."
- On Henrik's desire to play and how that impacts the schedule, "it doesn't. Like I mentioned before, when Hank was talking about finding a rhythm, he had nearly the same amount of games, than what we were usually giving him before. It wasn't a drastic amount of games or time played. Lately he has found his game, feels good about where he is. He has adjusted and we've adjusted a couple of things as far as how we are playing in front of him and he is challenging probably the shooters a bit more. He's found his game and has been playing extremely well for us."
- On his goal, "if I could, in an ideal world, keep Hank under 60 I would do that."