Alain Vigneault met with the media on Friday following practice and said (NYR):
- Boo is able to play, "yep, Boo was able to skate yesterday and do off ice. He felt good yesterday, skated today and he is back with Quickie and Grabs."
- Carey will come out and the D is the same, "yes."
- On Shattenkirk's recent play, "right off the hop you saw the great talent he has as far as being able to get things done on the PP, the passing and getting his shot through at the right time. His game has progressed into him him understanding what we expect when we don't have the puck. He is a lot more in the way we play at both ends of the rink. He is making some solid reads, better gaps, and I would say that in the last 8-9 games he has been a real solid defensemen for us at both ends."
- On Shattenkirk and Skjei, "both of them understand the importance of gap and defending and they have both been real good. One of the reasons why we have kept them together is that when they have a good gap and the other team dumps the puck in, Brady sometimes gets the puck and with hi speed and skating away from the forecheck or Shatty will make a subtle little play/breakout pass that permits us to spend a lot of time in the offensive zone. I like that those guys are building chemistry and it's a good sign for us."
- "for me, this has probably been 9-10 games in a row where we are focused on playing the right way, the right way without the puck and for me that leads to better offense and other than that first period against Montreal, even though we were down against Vegas, I thought we were playing well and getting some looks and able to come back. We came back against Montreal and have been grinding it out, looking for the right way to play with and without the puck. There has definitely been some improvement but there are some areas, like all teams in the league, that we will continue to address and continue to improve on but we are definitely taking strides in the right direction."
- On the speech after the attack on Halloween, "that, at the moment, it was the right thing to do, with what happened in our City and in that neighborhood where we have a lot of players stay there. The right thing to do for us is to play and play our hearts out for the people of New York and fans of the Rangers and our guys understood that moment and went out and worked hard and gave it their best effort."
- On the days off between games, "it works out all right. We are able to practice, get some quality rest. Schedules aren't always like this, this one is a good little chunk in the schedule, where after tomorrow we have three more days before playing Chicago. You gotta make the best use of it and that is what we are doing right now."
- On Edmonton, "Cam has been real strong, that team has won their last two games. Their top players seem to be finding their stride after not getting off to a start they expected, considering their group and where they went in the playoffs, they are pretty here. They are playing well right now and have a lot of skill and we will have to be at our best tomorrow."