Alain Vigneault met with the media following the Rangers loss in Pitt (NYR):
- On the level of concern, "we definitely need to play better, there is no doubt. We need to try and duplicate what we did in the first period tonight. We came out, felt like we had good energy, a couple of good looks in the offensive zone but we weren't able to sustain it. Those two penalties in the beginning of the second period led to definite momentum on their part and we were never really able to recover. They came at us with a lot of speed and we had a tough time handling it."
- How do you reduce the number of shots, "we are definitely talking about that, our process, after a good first period where we checked when we had to and handled the puck, a couple of turnovers led to some real good looks on their part. Their PP is very strong, they move it around and they get a lot of looks on net and a lot of shots off their PP. We will analyze this game and see the areas we can improve and get ready for the next one."
- "I liked our first period, there is no doubt after that we couldn't sustain it. I will put my focus on trying to be able to sustain that for 60 minutes."
- Is it time to shoot from all angles, "that is one of the things we definitely talk about offensively. A lot of teams, bad angle shots, jam away at rebounds. We have been a team that has been able to get a lot done in the past 5 on 5. The makeup of this one is a little different. We probably need to simplify a few things and that would be one of them."
- On McDonagh, "he's got back spasms. He would be day to day. It happened during the game yesterday and hopefully he will be ready for the next one.