Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the OT loss to St. Louis and said:
- On the game, "we followed the master plan in the first period, we tired them out in our own end. Our D couldn't make a pass and our forwards couldn't get through the neutral zone but after that I liked our game. We played well in the second period, didn't give them much and we got some pretty good looks to take a 3-2 lead. In the third our PK was perfect until that shot, D should have blocked that shot in front, that was part of his responsibility and in OT, unfortunately, one of our defense got beat 1 on 1 and they had a great look. For whatever reason we had a real tough time in the first but after that there were a lot of good things in our game."
- On Georgiev, "he gave us a chance. In the first period we barely touched the puck and he made some big saves. He wasn't real busy in the second period and in the third, it was a hard game and both teams were battling hard and they were able to get the look in OT after Kreids had that great look right before."
- Do you know the goalie schedule, "I know who is playing the next game, I just haven't told the goalie yet but there is no doubt that both guys are going to play. We will sort it out one game at a time."
- On scoring three in the second, "we had a couple of opportunities but at the end of the day he made a huge save in OT. A lot of times it's not the number but the timely saves, he made some timely saves and gave that team a win."
- On the pass Kreider made to Mika, "it's a play they talk about and work on and were able to execute. Their D didn't take the lane and he was able to find that lane and make a great play on it."