Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the loss to Tampa and said:
- On Chris Kreider, "medical staff kept him off for precautionary reasons, that is all I can say for now."
- Is it related to the blood clot, "I think he took a hit to the head. I think he passed the tests but they didn't want to take any chances."
- On Tampa, "that is the hardest a team has come at us all year long. They came at us with speed and skill, we had a real hard time following the pace. There is no doubt that they dominated us but I felt that in the second half of the game we battled and executed better. A combination of us playing a little better and them maybe taking their foot off the gas a little bit. They are a real good team and played well."
- On the young players, "everyone is in this to win. When a team comes at us as hard as they did tonight and play as well a they did, especially in the first half of the game, it's challenging. I thought that our guys stayed with it, got better defensively in one on one battles and made more plays when we had opportunities with the puck. We kept playing and at the end of the nigh that is what we can control."
- On pulling Lundqvist, "he had already seen over 30 shots in a little bit more than half the game. That, combined with trying to change a little bit of the momentum and the pace there, but he made some unreal saves and kept us in there for quite some time."