Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the loss to Florida and said:
- On the game, "we had a real good start again tonight, our last six games, five of them we have had good starts, even though we gave up that last goal against Winnipeg. We came out, played well, played the right way. We didn't give them a lot of looks in the first, two of their looks were on offsides that should have been called. I thought that for the most part the guys played hard, made good plays with the puck, came back three times in this game. Unfortunately we weren't able to get it done in the shootout."
- "On our team right now we have some veterans, some first, second, third-year pros trying to put a real foot in the NHL door. Some guys are at their first strides but they are learning every time they are out there and some other guys are trying to prove they are good NHL players with big roles. Everyone has something to prove and we are trying to prove that we can win and that is what we did tonight. We went out to win, unfortunately we didn't get it done."
- On Kreider not playing late in the second, "not to my recollection, I don't think he missed a shift with his line. Not to my recollection, I'm pretty sure on that."
- On Kevin Hayes, "he is a big body that can make some plays with the puck. We are talking to him, like a lot of our players, about having more of a shooting mentality and there is no doubt that it was a real good shot against a real good goaltender. We'd like him to continue shooting the puck, we'd like the team to shoot more also but a lot of it is going to the net and creating second opportunities. To come back three-times against that team and goaltender is a pretty good thing."
- On Henrik's game, "he played well, he did what a goalie is supposed to do and gave us a chance in this game. At the end of the night they have some good shooters and had some good moves in the shootout."