Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the Rangers win in Game 4 and said:
- "We knew we had to respond as a group and that is what this group did tonight. It has proved it in the past and we talked about managing the puck better and I felt we managed the puck better and played a better game, able to give ourselves an opportunity for 2 out of 3 and that is what we wanted."
- On the 4th line, "they played well. We rolled four lines tonight, good pace for us, quick pace and again, when we had the opportunity to finish our checks that is what we did. We needed to respond and we did as a group."
- On the message after two, "there really wasn't any message. We've been in this situation many times before, you gotta keep skating, keep putting pressure and I felt that is what we did in the third and had a strong period."
- On Buchnevich, "I told him before the game, first playoff game and he said no, he had had some in the KHL. He seemed real good before the game, he seemed to be in a good space and went out and played a good game. Made some good plays with the puck and had some good zone time and used their speed and skill."
- On the top players and McDonagh, "there is no doubt that he was one of our most effective players on the ice. We know we need him to do that. Now it's a 2 out of 3 series and we will get ready for the next game."
- On Buchnevich instead of Glass and putting Grabner on the fourth line, "I wouldn't know which line is 1st, 2nd or 3rd...it's a different makeup for me tonight. It was important to play at a high pace and to do that I believe that you need to roll four lines and by making that subtle little move we were able to do that."
- On bringing the same energy and execution, "it's a good message but I do think we had that same energy in the first game in Montreal and for the first two periods in game two. Our execution slipped a little but we had it tonight for 60 minutes and we will have a good practice tomorrow and get ready for the next game."
- Do players feed off of Nash, "this is a team and it's a team concept and whether it be Rick or any player making an effort play out there, everybody notices that and we got quite a few effort plays, whether it be on the forecheck creating turnovers or on the backcheck stopping their speed. That is a real strong team on the other side and to be able to compete and play against them you need to make every shift count and that is what we tried to do tonight and the outcome was better for us."