Alain Vigneault met with the media following the Rangers loss to Columbus and said (MSG):
- On the loss, "it was a hard fought game, going into the third in a tough building against a good team, only down one goal. We had some good looks but couldn't beat their goalie. Then we made a bad mistake on penalty killing where the puck should have been down the ice and instead of it being a one shot game it's a two shot game against a goalie that has his game tonight. That made it pretty hard. We still had some looks in the third but couldn't get it done and it was a hard fought game and we came up short."
- On the Buchnevich penalty, "my opinion, Buchie, that is his ice, the other guy ran into him. I'm not sure why that was a penalty. That is my opinion but I guess the referee didn't see it the same way."
- On the second period, In the second period our forecheck wasn't as effective, especially the first guy and when the first guy isn't doing the job against skilled defensemen like they have then they are coming up the ice with a lot of speed. First period we did a good job and had some good looks. This is a game where when the other team makes a mistake you need to make them pay for it and we don't score nay goals then you obviously don't make them pay for any mistakes."
- On Brendan Smith, "thought he had a good game. Played within his game. Had the opportunity in the first to give us a lead, had two really good looks but their goalie made the saves."
- Will he stay in, "he'll be in next game.
- On the line changes, "Try to generate some offense and try to get a goal. Shuffled the deck a little bit, thought we had some good looks but weren't able to capitalize."
- On the PP, "our PP didn't execute tonight. We will get back to work and get back at it."