Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the Rangers win over Arizona and said:
- On the game, "we got two points, we didn't start the way we wanted, definitely some decisions on the ice there that permitted them to play a quick game and make us look out of sync. I thought that in the second we started off better, played pretty good. Typical NHL, it was tight, hard fought in the third. We got the PK in OT and Hank played extremely well. At the end of the day Hank was the best player on the ice and that permitted us to get two points."
- On Vesey, "Jimmy was skating real well tonight, he was confident with the puck, making good plays. That is what we need from him. I think that in the last little while he has been playing some good hockey and we need him to continue to play the way he is doing right now."
- On Henrik, "like our team, got off to maybe a slow start, made some changes to his game. There is no doubt that for quite some time he has been our best player.
- On Buchnevich, "it was more with that line being in our end, decided to make a few subtle changes. In the first we didn't spend a lot of time in their end so after a shift or two in the second I made some minor changes which seemed to permit us to play quicker and get a few looks and spend some time in their end."
- On needing a better start on Sunday, "Vegas is one of the best teams in the NHL and they have a lot of speed. Decision making on our part will be real important."
- Who is starting tomorrow, "I haven't talked to the goalies yet, they will find out soon."