Alain Vigneault met with the media prior to tonight's game against Boston and said (NYR):
- On Marc Staal, "he is still having neck issues so at this time the doctors are still trying to figure out what exactly he has and what the process is. I should no more in the next 48 hours."
- On the rest of the injuries, "Vesey is continuing the protocol, him and Buchnevich both skated today, both coming along. Kreids skated today, coming along from that standpoint. Shatty is off crutches and coming along well, working out, all a step in the right directions."
- On going through a tough stretch., "Trying to stay very precise with elements that we need to do, very positive within the group, coaches and players but what we are doing right now is a lot of 1 on 1 sessions with our players and showing them what we expect them to do on the ice, reinforcing it when they do it right, reinforcing it by verbal communication and video reinforcement. I've said this to everybody that has followed our team here for the last almost three-weeks, we are playing better than our record indicates. We are working extremely hard and we will continue to do that and confident things will turn around."
- On DeAngelo, "In Dallas, might have been one of his more 50/50 games. I expect more from Tony with the puck, I expect him to be better on breakout situations and supporting the attack. I see a lot of skill and upside but you've got a young player, learning curve, consistency we are working on but there are some good and positive things to work with there."
- More on DeAngelo, "if you want to make a statement in the NHL and stay in the NHL you gotta perform on the ice. We are working with Tony on things that we feel he should be able to do with that skill set, he has always been considered to be an offensive, PP type of defenseman and we are tying to make sure that he gets those opportunities and that when he does, he performs. He is working hard and we like that part and we need to make sure we keep steering it in the right direction."