Alain Vigneault met with the media on Monday after the morning skate and said (NYR):
- On Vesey and Staal, "In Jimmy's case, he has been diagnosed with a concussion and going through the different steps. In Marc's case, he is day to day. We will know a little bit more once we get home."
- Are they in Dallas, "Jimmy was just here and working out this morning. Marc is at the hotel right now. They will fly back tomorrow."
- Do you know the severity of Marc's injury, "no, I will only know that when it's checked out by our doctors."
- On Marc Staal, "we all know he has a history and we will see how the next couple of days go and I will be able to tell you more in the next few days."
- On Rick Nash submitting his trade list, "coaches jobs are to coach the players that they have available. Players jobs are to play. Rick is a pro and he's gonna play, I'm not concerned about that at all, we've gotta find a way as a team and individually to be better. I feel we have been playing better hockey than our record indicates. Some guys are getting real good opportunities to do more for us, getting ice more time, contributing and I expect them to do it. What we are doing as coaches is giving our team a precise plan against certain oppositions, Dallas, we expect our guys to go out, work hard and execute. At the end of the day that is what they can control."
- On how the plan has changed with the injuries, "no doubt that from game to game you adjust your plan from A, the opposition and B, what you have available personnel wise. You make adjustments on what you need to do from shift to shift and period to period to be effective. There are always adjustments and I thought that in the last game we got better and we will continue to do that every day. We came here today, had two good video sessions, we are working on getting better with this group."
- Do you have anything to say about Saturday's incidents, "I would have a lot to say, there is no doubt that those couple of shifts could have been turning points in the game. We'd be going on the PP and we saw what our PP did when we had opportunities in the third period, at the end of the day there is nothing that I or our players can do about the last game. We gotta focus on this one and that is what we are trying to do. Internally, there are a lot of things that I want to say about it but I won't because it's not effective for my team or our game prep at all. It would be good for you guys though but I'm not gonna do it."
- On the team potentially going through a reboot, "I think there is a time for me to answer that question, and it's a good question, but now is not the time. My time right now is to get my group focused in Dallas and that is what I am doing."