Alain Vigneault met with the media on Minnesota following the morning skate and said (NYR):
- On Kampfer being hurt, "there is no doubt that he was getting a real good opportunity and was playing well and skating. It's part of the game. Ryan gets an opportunity to play, an opportunity for someone else to come in and we expect them to play well."
- On Ryan Sproul, "my understanding is, big body, can pass the puck well, shoot the puck well, has improved his skating and defending. He will come in, we just picked him up a few months ago but according to Keith he has been playing well. Keith hasn't been wrong so hopefully he is right again tonight."
- On the inexperience on defense, 'there are a lot of conversations with them and with our forwards also. We expect our forwards to play a smart game, get on the right side of people, check well and help those guys out. We expect our young defensemen to play to their strengths, they can skate and move the puck and we will go out there and compete real hard and it will be a real good game."
- On Brady Skjei, "I think he has done well, put in key moments, key situations, for a young defenseman, there is no doubt that it's gonna help in his play and his development but at the end of the night nothing changes, we are here to win games, win two points, put a plan together for tonight and we will come out and execute and compete."
- On Minnesota, "a lot like Winnipeg, big bodies, big centers that can skate. They have tremendous support from their back end, one of the best goalies in the last couple of years, since he has been here. It's a big challenge, one of the better teams in the NHL, they are fighting hard to get points and we are going to have to be real good."