Alain Vigneault met with the media in Tampa prior to tonight's game and said (NYR):
- On the lineup, "Mika is healthy, going back in the middle between Buch and Kreids. David back with Cody and Paul on the right side. No other changes."
- On seeing JT on the other side, "that is part of being in the hockey business, there is some player movement. When you have been with JT the number of years that we have and Mac and Dan. You wish those guys the best and hope they have a tough night when they play against you but you wish them the best. They were good players for us, good people and we hope they do well."
- On Tampa, "they have such a strong attack, their offensive players don't need a lot of looks to be able to score. That, combined, with solid goaltending this year, I think their young player is saying he is a little bit tired at this time, the most he has played in his career. It can be challenging for any player but they are a good team and a good game for us tonight."
- On DeAngelo, "I think Tony is coming along. He a skilled right handed defenseman that sees the ice. Sometimes we might like him to make an easy, early play quicker. There is a lot of upside there and he is working extremely hard with his game and every time he steps on the ice, in my estimation, he is getting better."
- On Kreider, "he was out with a real serious injury and that always takes some time. Chris always gives you everything that he has and gives 100%. That is what we see, I think, like any player, it takes some time to get back in the groove but the work ethic is there and willingness to play the right way is there and that is what we want."
- On Shattenkirk, "I wouldn't know, today is his first hard skate. He is just in the beginning process of getting back into shape."