Alain Vigneault met with the media prior to tonight's game and said (NYR):
- On Grabner, "back then, when he was just a young kid, the speed factor was way above standards. He has really worked at his game, his conditioning. He is a beats in the gym and he brings it on the ice and that speed, that extra gear permits him to contribute offensively and do the right things defensively. He has been a real solid player for us."
- On Peter Holland, "A good two-way player, tries to play a 200ft game, good with the puck, has been having some good moments in Hartford. Keith spoke very highly of him as far as his work ethic and his understanding of the right way to play. We made a little move there and hopefully he can come in and contribute for us."
- Why Holland over Boo, "Boo, we feel, has a lot of upside, the size, skating ability but there are a couple of areas we need him to be a bit more consistent. If he is going to play in the NHL on a regular basis, it will be as a dependable third or fourth liner and we just felt that at this time, we just felt that with the feedback we were getting from Chris and Keith in Hartford, he was playing really well and we just wanted to take a look at him."
- What are you looking for tonight, "our focus is on tonight. We are not concerned about the past, we are playing against a team that has some real offensive power, some elite forwards that are playing extremely well at this time. They are in a sequence where their game is good at both ends, real good challenge in front of us. Obviously we need to play a good defensive game against that skill level, and compete and make the plays that are in front of us."
- On Kevin Hayes, "I didn't ask. I saw Mac this morning, told me he is probably going to be ready to go. I didn't see Kevin, didn't ask about him."
- If Mac is in who is out, "I will wait until I get the final thumbs up after warmups. So far so good, it's his first practice in the last two days. If I get the thumbs up then I will make the call after."