Jeff Gorton met with reports on Tuesday during Rangers practice and said the following (NYR):
- On Georgiev being sent down, "that was the plan once we had both of our NHL goalies healthy. Hank is ready to play and we thought to get him back playing. He has done real well and acquitted himself real well and been a good find and good story and he will continue to go down there and play."
- On Shattenkirk, "just keep rehabbing, getting him healthy, getting a good summer of training and get him ready for next year."
- On Georgiev, "We've seen a lot of good things from him. I'd hate to say we have made any decisions for next year but he has certainly put himself in the conversation."
- On Chytil and Andersson, "so far so good, the energy is good, the skill level is good, they git in pretty well and got better as the game went on which is most important."
- On the young players lately, "I think they have settled in pretty nicely. A guy like Pionk has emerged as a good young player and has done well. Gilmour and O'Gara and these guys have all done well in limited time."
- On the current situation of the team, "I don't look at it as a tough time, it's an opportunity for us to move forward and rebuild and get some young players in here and see how they are. We are just starting the process with the young players and moves we made. We have a lot of work to do to get better and it's what we plan to do as we head to the offseason."
- How active will you be heading to the draft, "I'm not the only one who decides that, other teams are involved. We will be involved, we will try and improve our team any way we can and we will look at every avenue to help going forward."
- What do you want to see from Chytil and Andersson, "just that they fit in, that they take the most of the opportunity to get better. I like the enthusiasm, the skill level and work ethic, just that they fit in and get better day to day will help as they move forward."