Michael Grabner conducted an interview in his native Austria and said (KleineZeitung):
- On his expectations for this season after scoring 27 last year, Grabner said that each year starts at "zero" and that there is a need to deliver all the time.
- On if he is upset about being under contract after scoring 27 last year, Grabner said that he was happy to get the contract he did from the Rangers last summer and that he needed to prove himself after only scoring 9 goals in Toronto.
- He tries to be a leader to young players
- He is said to see friends Dan Girardi and Derek Stepan leave the team but he plays with the guys who are in the room.
- He spends a lot of time in the summer working on jumps and speed exercises than he did earlier in his career in effort to stay fast as he gets older.
- His main goal is team success and to win the Stanley Cup. He says that scoring fewer goals but winning the Stanley Cup would be "no problem."