Rick Nash spoke on Monday after practice about his road towards returning to the Rangers lineup (NYR):
- "Will see how it feels tomorrow. That was the hardest I have went so far. If everything is clear then I will try and get in a few more practices and hopefully get back into games."
- Are you going up to Buffalo, "I think that I am staying here to skate and do some conditioning but I need to check with Rammer."
- He is excited about getting closer to playing. He is glad to be back around the guys who are like "family."
- On practice, "it was good, fast, tough to come up with them after the layoff. it was a good day so hopefully everything is positive today and tomorrow."
- On how his legs felt in practice today stopping and starting and doing cuts, "it felt good. It was something that I was kind of nervous to see how it feels and it felt good, it was a positive day for sure."
- Is the weekend possible, "I wouldn't rule out anything but it's a chat with the doctors and hopefully get a few more practices in and definitely need to get my cardio going. We have been doing a lot of stuff in the gym so I felt a better than I thought I would in the lungs."
- Do you have to temper your desire to get right back in, "yea. You have to be smart and obviously I want to come back right now, I wanted to come back six weeks ago, but it was something that you have to make sure is safe and hopefully come back and get a good return."
- On having Eric Staal around, "it's great. I grew up playing against Eric and played with him in under 18 and under 17 and it's kind of funny how our careers come back together and I couldn't be happier to get a chance to play with a guy with his skill."