Alain Vigneault met with the media on Friday following the Rangers loss in Bridgeport (NYR):
- On the pace, "I thought that we got better as the game went on. After the first period we carried the play in the second and third, we had some real good looks offensively and I liked a lot of parts about our game, it was a great crowd, guys worked hard on both teams and we came up a little short."
- On limiting penalties, "we've practiced it the last couple of days and we had a linesmen and a ref come in before the game and explain to the whole team about the faceoff and slashing penalties. I thought both teams, they probably did the same thing that we did and it made it for more 5 on 5 time and I think it was a pretty good game."
- Did players stand out, "for the most part I thought that our younger players, from Filip to Vinni, I don't want to start naming names, there is some good skill on the ice, some good offensive looks. Maybe not enough net presence but for the most part there were a lot of good things. "
- On the D, "in the first they came at us real hard and made it difficult but we adjusted, got pucks out quicker, got the pucks to speed, started using our speed a little bit more and in the second and third it was real good."
- On Pavelec, "both games that we have had him in he was supposed to play half and we told him he hadn't gotten enough work so he stood in for two. He will play a full game the last game in Philly. He has looked good. He hasn't had a lot of shots against him but he has looked alright and he is working hard in practice and it's what we want."
- On young leadership, "whether you have an "A" or not, every player has to contribute and lead in their own ways. Kevin can lead and that is what he did tonight.'