Alain Vigneault met with the media earlier today and said the following (NYR):
- On last night, "the game itself, watching it and discussing it with my coaches, Gorts and Chris, we have a pretty good feel after three games of where certain guys are. They have 3 more, 1 tonight against Jersey and then our guys will get a well deserved day off, they have been working hard and we've played 4 games in a short amount of time. The last two games will be important, important decisions to make up front and on D, who plays with who and on what line. Picture is getting a little clearer but still some decisions to be made."
- On Chytil, "because of the injury I think he overcompensated in another area and the training staff felt it was a good idea to give him today and combined with tomorrow, he will skate on Monday and should be good to go."
- On the cuts, "we are definitely going to let a few guys go today, a little later on in the afternoon and that should bring us to a number that will bring us above 30 and permit us to play the last two games and after the last one we can get down to 23-24-25 with Quickie."
- Will you have the team by Wednesday, "by Wednesday we will be real close."
- "that is just the way that they laid out the exhibition schedule availability. Yesterday I thought was a great game and a pretty good atmosphere with the Islanders farm team but there seemed to be more Ranger fans. The way our exhibition schedule was laid out, I kind of preferred it this way. 6 games in 8 or 9 days and we carry almost 40 guys, permits us to work with our group and the guys who are going to Hartford benefit from practice and being around us. We get down to our group and we will have 6 quality practices which I think is going to be beneficial to our group. We will go to Lake Placid for a couple of days. The way it was laid out was fine for me and probably the best it's been laid out since I have been here."
- On Vinni Lettieri, "I've liked his skill set as far as skating, quickness of the shot, has been able to play more than one position, we tried him on the right and in the middle. He has been very effective and he is one of those guys that is making us look twice and think that these next three games, you look at these games and their importance and this is a young man who has come in and caught everyone's attention."