- Jason Chimera (1:33) - ASST: Stephen Gionta, Jesse Graham
- Mika Zibanejad (4:55) - ASST: Adam Clenending, Brandon Pirri
- Chris Kreider (18:10) - ASST: Adam Clendening, Matt Bodie
- Brandon Pirri (Power Play, 17:05) - ASST: Mika Zibanejad, Chris Kreider
- Nick Leddy (11:54) - ASST: Matthew Barzal, P.A. Parenteau
- Dylan McIlrath (13:28) - ASST: Mika Zibanejad
- Dan Girardi (ENG, 17:47)
- Magnus Hellberg stopped 12 of 13 shots for the Rangers, while Mackenzie Skapski stopped 15 of 16.
- 3: Adam Clendening
- 2: Chris Kreider
- 1: Mika Zibanejad
- Well the first Rangers hockey in many months was very fun to watch despite the fact that most of the top players, including the Franchise goalie, were not on the ice.
- Mika Zibanejad showed everyone the kind of player he is and what he can do. He has an excellent shot, created chances and certainly made a good first impression.
- Brandon Pirri shot the puck like crazy and certainly showed what he can bring to the Rangers lineup and power play.
- Adam Clendening worked the PP well, moved the puck well and while I still think he is on the outside looking in for a regular spot, if he keeps up this PP work that may force him in.
- Both Hellberg and Skapski were solid in net which is hopefully a good sign for the Hartford goaltending duo.
- Chris Kreider was also very strong and had a very solid game.
- Pavel Buchnevich is definitely in a learning process but it was really cool and encouraging to see all the shots on the bench of him communicating, in one way or another, with his teammates or Scott Arniel.
- Overall, the main takeaway is that it's the preseason. Almost everyone for the Rangers made a good first impression, and it was fun to see what some of the new players have the ability to do, but it's still so early in the process for this season. We will learn more about these players and this team over the next five preseason games and then we will see what they can do when the Islanders have their full team for the opener.