The top six teams remained the same in the Associated Press poll released Monday. The top three were the same for the fifth straight week. Baylor (20-1) stayed at No. 1 with 37 first-place votes and 997. Notre Dame (20-1) is second, picking up two points from last week to 955. UConn (20-1) is third with three first-place votes but losing two points to 928.
To break it down, Baylor received 37 first-place votes and three second-place votes. Notre Dame received 35 second-place votes and five third-place votes. UConn received three first-place votes, two second-place votes, and 35 third-place votes.
Rounding out the top 10 were Stanford, Duke, California, Maryland, Penn State, Georgia, and Kentucky.
The top three in the Adamec Top 10 stayed the same, but look out below.
1. Baylor (20-1). Only two weeks to go before Bears make trip to XL Center in Hartford.
2. Notre Dame (20-1). Skylar Diggins (33 points) has career night in Irish’s solid win in Knoxville.
3. UConn (20-1). Minus Stefanie Dolson, Huskies survive upset bid by St. John’s in New York for 20th straight 20-win season
4. Stanford (20-2). Cardinal reaches 20-win plateau for 13th consecutive season.
5. Duke (20-1). Blue Devils deny North Carolina coach Sylvia Hatchell her 900th win with rout in Chapel Hill.
6. Maryland (18-3). Behind Alyssa Thomas and Tianna Hawkins, Terrapins have won eight in a row.
7. Penn State (17-3). Lady Lions look to bounce back from inexplicable loss to Wisconsin tonight against Purdue.
8. California (19-2). Bears move up only because other teams go down.
9. Kentucky (19-3). Wildcats lose 10-point halftime lead and 34-game home winning streak against Georgia.
10. Louisville (19-4). Cardinals a level below Notre Dame and UConn in Big East.