HARTFORD, Conn. -- The University of Connecticut women's basketball team lost a first-place vote to Baylor in the Associated Press poll released today.
The Huskies will get the chance to get that vote back and more tonight when they play host to the defending national champion Bears at the XL Center.
Baylor (24-1) stayed at No. 1 for the seventh straight week in the AP poll. The Bears received 38 first-place votes. Notre Dame (24-1) was second while UConn (24-1) got the other two first-place votes to stay third.
The top five remain the same in the Adamec weekly Top 10 with some movement in the bottom half.
1. Baylor (24-1). Long-awaited game at XL Center is here.
2. Notre Dame (24-1). Irish off until Sunday when they visit DePaul.
3. UConn (24-1). Huskies welcome Brittney Griner and defending champions.
4. Stanford (24-2). No Pac-12 challenges in site for Cardinal.
5. Duke (24-1). Chelsea Gray's knee injury bad news for Blue Devils.
6. Penn State (21-3). Lady Lions lead Big Ten by two with four games to go.
7. California (23-2). No Pac-12 challenges in site for Bears.
8. Texas A&M (20-5). Aggies' 0-3 start seems very long ago.
9. Maryland (21-4). Coach Brenda Frese ejected in loss at Duke.
10. Tennessee (20-5). Thirty-seven straight 20-win seasons for Lady Vols.