For the third straight week, Stanford is No. 1 in the Associated Press women's basketball poll.
The Cardinal received 22 first-place votes to top second-ranked UConn, which kept its 17 first-place votes for the third straight week. Baylor is third.
Maryland, which visits the Huskies Monday night in the Jimmy V Classic at the XL Center in Hartford, moved up two spots to ninth. Penn State, which travels to Storrs Thursday to take on UConn, dropped four spots to 10th after a loss to Miami-Florida.
Here's a look at The Adamec Top 10 entering this week's play.
1. Stanford (8-0). Held UC-Davis and Gonzaga to a combined 79 points in two wins last week.
2. UConn (6-0). Back-to-back home games against Maryland and Penn State await.
3. Baylor (6-1). Will All-American Odyssey Sims play in national championship game rematch at Notre Dame Wednesday?
4. Duke (4-0). The Blue Devils look impressive in wins over Michigan and California.
5. Notre Dame (5-0). Chance for the Irish to make big noise on national scene with a home win over Baylor.
6. Kentucky (6-1). More than 15,000 watched the Wildcats win at Louisville 48-47 Sunday. Will any of them come back?
7. Georgia (7-0). Don’t think the Bulldogs are deserving of this but everyone else keeps losing.
8. Penn State (6-1). Rebounded from loss at Miami, Fla., by hitting triple figures against Farleigh Dickinson.
9. Louisville (8-1). When did the Cardinals start playing games in the 40s (see Texas A&M and Kentucky)?
10. Maryland (4-1). Nice win at Nebraska with UConn next but Laurin Mincy injury a tough one to take.