Katie Lou Samuleson led the UConn Lady Huskies to a 80-73 Elite Eight win over Louisville to advance to the FInal Four on Sunday afternoon.
Things to know about Sunday's game...
1) The Huskies owned an 11-point lead in the fourth quarter, but they were close to blowing it. With just 26.6 seconds left on the clock, the Huskies saw their lead cut to two. Luckily, though, they hit their free throws. Samuelson drained two to make it 77-73, and when Asia Durr from Louisville had a chance to move it back to a two-point lead for UConn, she missed them both. Napheese Collier, then, got fouled and hit her free throws to pull away a bit.
2) Samuelson was the points leader in this game with 29. She also totaled two rebounds and two assists.
3) Megan Walker tallied a double-double after posting 13 points and 12 rebounds.
4) Napheesa Collier, who led the way against UCLA in the Sweet 16, also had a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds.
5) The Huskies will be making their 12th consecutive Final Four trip after the win.
What's Next: The Lady Huskies will travel to Tampa, FL for the Final Four, and play on April 5.